Prof. Rambukkana relocated to the MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine in 2010 from The Rockefeller University New York where he was a faculty member since 2000; his laboratory was funded mainly by NIH (NINDS and NIAID) grants.
He obtained his PhD from the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and continued his first postdoctoral training in the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam. He then moved to Rockefeller University for his second postdoctoral training before obtaining his faculty position there. Prof Rambukkana is also a member of Edinburgh Infectious Diseases (EID) and Center for Neuroregeneration (CNR).
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam
- Role of mycobacterial gene products in skin pathology
- Adjunct faculty, The Rockefeller University, New York
- Advisor to World Health Organization (WHO)
- Assistant Professor, The Rockefeller Univeristy, New York
- Associate Professor, The Rockefeller University, New York
- Guest Investigator, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Postdoctoral training, The Rockefeller University, New York
- Program director of four consecutive NIH (NINDS and NIAID) 5-year R01 grants
- Reviewer for grants from US-NIH, UK-MRC, -BBSRC, Human Frontier Science Program and other international funding agencies
- Reviewer for major biomedical journals including Science, Nature, Cell Press and PLoS journals