The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit their abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the programme.
Online submission of abstracts opens: 1st December 2019
Abstract submission deadline: 31st March 2020
Abstract evaluation deadline: 15th May 2020
E-Poster service online: 1st May 2020 to 1st July 2020
Invited speakers’ abstract submission deadline: 1st May 2020
- Please note that only ELECTRONIC submissions will be accepted.
- Faxed or mailed abstracts will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts must be relevant to tropical dermatology
Preparation of your abstract- e-posters/ free papers
- Abstracts must be in English and submitted through the website.
- Previous presentations/ publication of the work does not disqualify a paper, but this must be clearly stated when submitting the paper.
- You may submit more than one abstract.
- Names of the authors should appear as the surname/ last name with initials. (E.g.: “A.J. Ranasinghe”).
- The first name should be of the presenting author. The certificates will be prepared according to the name of the presenting author given during submission.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the contents of the abstract before submission.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title.
- The size of the abstract is limited to 300 words.
- For original work, structure your abstract using the following subheadings:
- Introduction & Objectives: A brief note describing the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects precisely
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
(Please note that the above structure does not apply in case reports. When you submit the abstract you will be indicated to select either ‘Case Report’ or ‘Original work / Research study’ options. Please select accordingly.)
- Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced in the abstract book as submitted.
- Use generic names. Commercial drug names may not be used. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
- No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract.
- The evaluation of the abstract (acceptance or rejection) will be done following a number of criteria, including:
- Is the content interesting, informative, novel or important?
- Are the methods valid, the results relevant and the conclusions justified by the data?
- Are the data presented with clarity and with appropriate structure?
- The Scientific Committee will decide on the mode of presentation and that will be informed with the acceptance of the paper. All e-posters will be displayed on wide screen in a prominent area during the entire period of the scientific sessions.
- Submission Topics: Applicants should think carefully about which submission topic best suits their abstract since only one may be chosen. During the review process, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to reassign any submission to another topic if they determine it is more applicable to the content of the abstract.
- Successful submissions will be acknowledged by E-mail to the corresponding author. All further correspondence will also be by way of E-mails. Therefore, please ensure that you provide a valid E-mail ID.
- A delegate is eligible to submit an abstract after preliminary registration in the conference website without proceeding to payments. Author is expected to complete the payments within two weeks of notification of the acceptance. Failure to do so, will automatically remove the abstract from the abstract book and e-posters. Registration rate will be the amount which will prevail at the time of doing the payments. (Not the rates applicable at the time of preliminary registration)
- Autoimmune Dermatoses
- Bacterial Infections
- Contact and Occupational Dermatitis
- Corrective, Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cultural Dermatology
- Cutaneous tumors and oncology
- Dermatological Surgery
- Dermatology and Internal Medicine, incl. Skin Manifestations of Systemic Diseases
- Dermato-venereology, Sexually Transmitted Infections, HIV/ AIDS
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Economics in Dermatology, Ethics in Dermatology
- Environmental Dermatology
- Fungal Infections
- Hair Disorders/Diseases
- Inflammatory Dermatoses
- Nail Disorders/ Diseases
- Oral Mucosa and other Skin-Adjacent Mucous Membranes
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Parasitic diseases and Infestations
- Pharmacology and Skin-Related Toxicology
- Photobiology, Phototherapy & Photosensitivity Diseases
- Phyto/Phytophoto dermatitis
- Pigmentary Disorders
- Pregnancy-Related Dermatoses
- Pruritus, urticaria, angioedema
- Quality of Life
- Therapy- Systemic Treatments, Topical Therapy
- Viral Infections
- Wounds, Chronic Wounds, Wound Healing, Ulcers
Copyright and Publication of Abstracts
Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of presentation. Accepted abstracts will be published on the official abstract book or the abstract CD ROM, which will be distributed at the Congress in the delegate bags. Submission of an abstract constitutes your consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, abstract book/ CD) Abstracts will be published as submitted. Errors will not be amended by the organizers.